Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Foldio

I got on the Foldio kickstarter awhile back and I just received mine in the mail yesterday!  It's essentially a mobile camera phone studio.  The design is pretty sweet and works great for taking pictures of my little men.  There are two strips of LED lights on the top and the bottom and back have a removable background.  Mine came with 4 colors, white, grey, black and green.  I haven't had a chance to putz around with it too much yet, but these quick snapshots I took of some previously painted models look better anything else I've played with in the past.

Here is an exterior shot.  
you can see the led strips and where the background is attached

I played around with the black, grey and white backgrounds.  These were all taken with the grey, it seemed to work best with my Death Guard.  So far I'm pretty happy with this little guy, it packs up real neat too.  Someday I'd like to take a couple of shots of my Necrons and see how they look.  The rusty dark metal and green patina never looked as good in my photos as they did in person.

In other news I've got my special super rare copy of the Horus Heresy book 3 on the way and I purchased my first super heavy vehicle!  They won't arrive till May, I'm going to need to stock up on glue.


No comments: