Friday, September 10, 2010

Librarian, in Space!

It was around the time I finished my Baal Predator that Zach, BT and I started to play small point games. I realized that I did not yet have an HQ choice. I read a lot on line articles and forums and decided to go with a librarian. However the only way to get an invulnerable save with a librarian is to put him in terminator armor. Plus, a storm shield increases that save. So I knew what I wanted, problem is all the Librarian models that GW make look kinda dumb. It's hard to imagine that I can post this blog from my phone but 38,000 years into the future these psychic-steroid space marines need to carry a giant freakin' book around to do anything. So I buzzed around the GW website and bought the model for the imperial fists chapter master. He's got termie armor, he's got a storm shield, and a big hammer that functions as his force weapon, plus no book!

For the paint scheme Librarians are supposed to wear blue with yellow accents, so I went with that. I did one shoulder pad red for the blood angels and another white (all my hq type guys are going to have white as one of their colors to distinguish them). I'm pretty happy with the guy, even the yellow turned out pretty well. I wasn't sure about the eyes, I did them all white with the thought of putting little pupils in them. Once I got the white though I liked the look, seemed very psyker to me.

On the field of battle this guy has been ok. The Librarian isn't exactly a beast in hand to hand. I've gotten a few other HQ choices since are first few games so he hasn't seen much action. I think mastering the psychic powers are going to take some time. Sounds like BT and I are going to play next week so I think I'm going to dust this guy off again and see what he can do!

No comments: