Sunday, September 12, 2010

Assault Terminators

I'm a sucker for Terminators. They don't really fit my list, but I like the models. I got two sets of 5. One is outfitted with Thunder hammer and storm shields and the other ones are duel lightning claws. I need more Thunder/Storm shield guys. These dudes are super hard to kill and beat face.

In the games I've played with them they did ok, again I only used them our first couple of games when I didn't know the rules all that well. Having played a few more games I think they would be much more of a threat.

Painting wise these guys went great, although the models themselves don't have a ton of detail on them. I purchased blood angel resin shoulder pads from Forge World to get a little more character. I did again have a problem with humidity and my sealer. A lot of these models got covered in a fine white powder. Recently I tried re-sealing these guys with dullcoat and it actually helped to hide the unsightly spotting.

In the future I'm going to have to get me a few land raiders for these guys. Blood Angels are fast, and these dudes are not. Until the stormraven comes out I don't have a lot of options for getting these guys into battle. Deep striking them seems risky to me since they are so friggin' pricey.

Oh, don't charge these guys into genestealers.

No comments: