Monday, September 13, 2010

Sanguinary Guard

I had a good time painting these guys and I think they turned out great. Heck, I even like the nipples! This is one of those units I was waiting to get to. For me the red was getting a little old. It's nice to be able to paint some of these elite special units a totally different scheme.

On the table these guys are pretty hardcore. However they are super pricey. They come in costing more then Terminators and without the inv. save. I've used them in a few battles and for the most part, despite only having 5 in a unit they've performed well. Against Orcs they crushed, against the bugs, not so great.

In the future I want to try and brew up a hammer unit with them. Give them a chaplain, sanguinary priest, perhaps a captain (or Dante) and finally have The Sanguinor hanging around giving out extra attacks. It's probably a 900+ point unit, but hey, maybe someday.

I might get an extra unit of these eventually just in case I want to run Dante. If nothing else, the bits it comes with are totally worth it.

Coming up this weekend is the outside chance of some 40k games. I'm hoping to see Josh's Tau or get some vengeance against Zach's bugs.

No comments: