Saturday, June 28, 2014

Hipster Squad

So this is a bit hipster of me, but in painting my 30k army I also wanted to somehow incorporate the scheme the Death Guard had before they became the Death Guard.  Back before they found Mortarion and adopted the name and the colors, the were the Dusk Raiders.  Like all pre-primarch legions they wore plain grey power armor.  In the Dusk Raiders case they also painted their right arms red in honor of the blood they spilled in service as the right hand of the Emperor (or something like that).  When it came time to paint my destroyer marines I decided to use this theme because according to fluff the destroyer squads are a remnant of the unification war of terra and not used too much anymore.  A perfect opportunity for me to paint a hipster 29k era squad.  Here ya go...







1 comment:

BT said...

I like them a lot! Looking pretty sharp!