Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Assault Marines part 2

So after getting a few squads under my belt, I went back to the Assault marines. After playing a few games I realized that I needed many more assault marines. 5 guys weren't going to cut and playing Blood Angels, it was obvious that Assault guys were going to be the core of my troops.

I got some death company and tactical marines plus all the extra bits from my past box sets in order to put all these guys together. I was able to assemble 15 death company and 15 assault marines with 3 sets of death company and 1 tactical set...all in all a good way to save some money.

My air brush died getting these guys done, thus they are a little darker then I wanted. Instead of starting over I just went with it. Although they are darker they are vastly better then my first attempt at it, heck, even the yellow helm looks better.


Looking ahead, I think I want to get at least 1 squad of assault marines who don't have jump packs in order to put them in some transports.

No comments: