Sunday, March 10, 2002

Well, my first time out with the old Skaven did not go as planned. Before I start I want to add that the new Skaven book rocks, so many fun things that can blow up in your face.

I faced the dreaded Vampire Counts and the Empire. I think I probably would have one despite all my horrible accidents except for that Steam Tank. The thing is nuts.

I decided to build an army around all of the new toys Skaven can get. Warp Cannon, check, rattling gun, check, screaming bell, check, warpfire thrower, check, globadiers, check, jezzial team, check. So, Karl and Steve go first (Steve was VC). First thing off the bat Karl shoots my bell with a cannon, KABOOM, gone. There goes 200 points down the shitter. When it comes to my turn, I fire the Jezzial guns, which are mostly ineffective. I can’t fire anything else except the warp cannon. So we measure the range get the mother pumping and KABOOM it explodes into a green cloud before it even fires one shot. I did kick some ass in the magic phase but I didn’t cause any real damage. The rest of the game went on like this (my tunneling team was the final kick in the balls). Although I did almost kill Steve’s vampire lord and I had an easy time with Karl’s troops (my Ratling Gun and Warpfire thrower were awesome) there was nothing I could do about the tank. It just ran over my poor little ratties. Such is the life of a skaven.

No comments: