Saturday, March 14, 2015

ROBOTS!!

I haven't had a chance to post this up from my last game.  BT and I played his 30k Emperors Children vs. my 40k Necrons and their brand new codex.  Unfortunately, its been a few weeks so I don't remember the gory details.  First, a few things stand out, the new Necrons are tough!  I ran the decurian detachment and it made my base troops very hard to kill (so hard).  Essentially I just stood there and slowly ground BT's troops down, but I just didn't have enough killing power to seal the deal.  At the end of the day BT won on objectives.  His damn bike squad is just beastly!  I remember wishing I had been a bit more aggressive to start...but beyond that I don't remember much.  Tom did a good job of eliminating my ability to shoot early on by tying me up in assault.  Overall the game was a blast, I like those objective cards the more I use them.  My only complaint about the new necron codex is I don't know why I would ever take anything besides the decurian detachment...its just too good.










5 comments:

BT said...

Damn wraiths having reanimation, and your barge pooping out new troops.

Yeah, match ended with me having 5 guys and getting that sweet, sweet recon objective giving me 6 victory points. Ironicly the wraiths just could not kill that one squad. I think it was 3 bikes (all HQs) and a Sarge and Doc left.

Abraxis said...

Mmmm, wraiths.

BT said...

But yeah, that Detachment allowing you to reanimate on 4+, with 4+ armor, and allowing a bunch of stuff that normally can't Reanimate, Reanimate (Wraiths) was brutal. Then the Ark pooping out replacement troops for the few that did die was a soul killer.

Sure, you lose Objective secure, but who cares? I think just having a mass of troops with that detachment and just drowning people in firepower and bodies will win you a lot of matches.

Normally close combat is the death knell for Necrons, but now you can survive it. I do want to switch up my list and bring some terminators and Preds, but it just kills me to lose the Libbies. Sad thing is Ben I have to have Bikes or Assault Squads to use my Legion Tactics so you will probably still be seeing the Bikes.

Abraxis said...

You should get some penis bikes just to mix it up for me.

BT said...

No can do, no one else uses penis bikes.